John Fitzgerald (HOC), Matthew Kime and Christy Rogers together with Alison Firth are all specialist in intellectual property.
Our specialists offer legal representation and advice in all aspects of protection, enforcement and exploitation of all intellectual property rights, and in all aspects of IT and other technical matters including:
• Patents; plant variety rights; pharmaceutical regulatory compliance
• Trade secrets and confidential information; privacy, libel and regulation of publishing, broadcasting and other media; trade libel
• Copyright; registered and unregistered design rights (UK & Community); database rights
• Trade marks
• Passing off; unfair competition (UK & Community);restraint of trade
• Domain name protection
• Franchising and merchandising
• Information technology, particularly software and hardware contract issues; E-commerce; data protection
• Technical contracts including commercial agency
• Entertainment, music and sports industry contracts and disputes
• Other common law disputes relating to matters with significant scientific or technical content
Members of Chambers work at all levels before the English courts and the Intellectual Property Office and tribunals as well as before the OHIM, European Patent Office,and the European Courts. In addition to their wealth of expertise in civil actions they offer representation, advice and expertise in criminal enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Our specialists have technical and scientific qualifications, expertise and experience in a wide range of fields. They bring a high degree of practical and academic rigour to bear on matters. They continue a long tradition of eminent IP practitioners who have been members of the specialist intellectual property chambers from which the current specialists came.
Our clients range from multinational organisations and professional clients such as solicitors, trade mark and patent attorneys, to individuals and direct access.
Members of Chambers are widely published and regularly give talks and seminars on a variety of topical subjects and developments in the field.
Chambers offers trained mediators to engage in the resolution of a range of technical IP and IT related disputes.